Date(s) - 24 Feb 2018
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
St. John's Ravenscourt School
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Kinsmen Winnipeg Winter Games this Saturday, February 24th. This e-mail is your confirmation that we have you signed up to volunteer. Please carefully read the entire email as it has important details about the event and volunteer information.
Ø Name of Event: Kinsmen Winnipeg Winter Games
Ø Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018
Ø Location: St. John’s-Ravenscourt School, 400 South Drive
Ø Volunteer check-in location: front foyer of school and sign-in at volunteer table
Ø Volunteer arrival time: 8:00am (orientation will begin at 8:30am)
Ø Volunteer dismissal time: 4:30pm (the latest)
Ø Parking: Free parking in the school parking lot, which is past the school, down and behind the arena
Ø Food: Lunch will be provided, as well as light refreshments throughout the day in the volunteer room; please send me any food allergies or dietary concerns by Friday noon
Ø Volunteer Position: PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR YOUR SPECIFIC VOLUNTEER POSITION.
Ø What to Wear:
· Snowshoe & Cross Country Skiing Volunteers: dress warmly as you will be outside for most of the day while the races are going on (jacket, sweater, toque, gloves/mittens, scarf)
· Floor Hockey Volunteers: dress comfortably and wear indoor athletic shoes
· Speed Skating: dress warmly as the arena can get quite cold (jacket, sweater, toque, gloves/mittens, scarf)
· RED SOM volunteer t-shirt if you have one from a previous event. If not, a red shirt will be provided to you on the day of the event.
Ø What to Bring:
· Water bottle with water
· Snacks if you need an afternoon-bite-to-eat (must be PEANUT-FREE as SJR is a nut-free facility).
· Please leave all valuables at home as SOM will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
IMPORTANT: FOR NEW FIRST-TIME VOLUNTEERS ONLY…
1) If this is your first event and you have not yet filled out the volunteer application form, please click here to fill out the form by Friday.
2) If you have already filled out the online volunteer application, please print, review, and sign the attached “Online Application Signature Verification Form” (OASVF) and bring it with you to the event on Saturday. If you are under the age 18, you must have a parent or guardian’s signature on the OASVF or you will not be able to volunteer on Saturday.
For last-minute cancellations or any questions prior to the event, please contact me directly at 204-795-1569 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday! Thanks in advance for volunteering your time!
Manager, Community Support
Special Olympics Manitoba
145 Pacific Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 2Z6
Tel 204 925 5625
Mobile 204 795 1569
Fax 204 925 5635
BookingsIf signing up for multiple shifts/people, please sign up for one shift/person at a time, refresh the page, and sign up again, etc
Bookings are closed for this event.
The Following Users have confirmed:
|Guy (DNI) *********||Approved||Standard Ticket||1|
|Raj *********||Approved||Standard Ticket||1|
|Chris *********||Approved||Standard Ticket||1|
|Scott *********||Approved||Standard Ticket||1|
|Total Attendees so far||4|